Here is my text book definition...
A balanced life is living a life of happiness. A balanced life is giving the proper portions of time to the various activities of life.
> > > Now here are examples of what (I feel) a balanced life looks like...
- Read the word of God in the morning. If you're not religious, read good uplifting books that inspire the soul.
- Meditate and dream.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Drink a lots of water!
- Eat a variety of delicious-healthy foods.
- Exercise!! A key I have found with exercise, is doing activities that you enjoy.
- Go to work, so that you can provide for yourself and your family.
- Don't work too much. Don't let work become your life!
(Work teaches many wonderful and necessary principles that expand the soul; but if left unchecked work can be one of the greatest deterrents to living a balanced life.)
- Spend individual time with your wife.
- Spend individual time with each of your children
- Spend time together as a whole family.
- Have a hobby
- Have a weekly planning session, and go over your budget, todo's, and goals.
- Call people you do not see that often (i.e. parents, grandparents, lifelong friends, etc.)
- Listen to good uplifting music (music that is profanity free, and that has a good message).
- Do community service
- Do random acts of service
- Tell everyone you meet HELLO and that you hope they have a great day!
- SMILE! :)
Living a balance life is living a happy life.
If your life (currently) doesn't bring you happiness, then do a self evaluation. See if there is something you should stop doing that is robbing you of your happiness, and/or see if there is something you should start doing that could raise your level of happiness.
Living a balance life is a journey. Take it one day at a time. :)